What is Mercedes-Benz 4MATIC® All-Wheel Drive?
When you get behind the wheel of your next luxury vehicle on Portland roads, the Mercedes-Benz 4MATIC® all-wheel drive system ensures a seamless ride no matter if you’re around town or far from home. With enhanced capabilities to provide more control and traction when driving in changing weather or traffic conditions, you’ll have the support you need to keep moving with ease. Learn more about how this drivetrain system works and which Mercedes-Benz 4MATIC® all-wheel drive models are available at Mercedes-Benz of Portland today!
How Does Mercedes-Benz 4MATIC® All-Wheel Drive Work?
So, how does the Mercedes-Benz 4MATIC® All-Wheel Drive system work? This improved drivetrain works to seamlessly allocate power to the wheels on your vehicle that needs that power the most when driving on uneven surfaces. So, when you’re driving around Portland backed by Mercedes-Benz 4MATIC® AWD, you’ll have better control and traction during heavy weather such as rain, sleet, or snow so you can get to your destination safely. Another advantage is that it contributes to your vehicle’s overall fuel efficiency and offers support in several other areas including:
- Braking, acceleration, and steering all depend on the force sent to your car’s tires. By expanding the power distribution from the front or rear wheels to all four, it maximizes the force that can be sent to the road.
- When you’re headed into a corner, the outside wheels take a longer path than the inside ones. That causes them to rotate at different speeds. The 4MATIC® system monitors wheel spin and makes sure it’s running as it should.
- Loose dirt, patches of ice, and sudden rain can change a road surface quickly. Luckily, the 4MATIC® AWD system monitors conditions and adjusts brakes and engine output to match. It works with an electronic traction system to maintain control.
- In high performance driving situations, being able to send different amounts of torque to each wheel maximizes your handling. Luckily, 4MATIC® all-wheel drive does just that.
Mercedes-Benz Vehicles with Standard 4MATIC® All-Wheel Drive
One of the truest luxuries of the Mercedes-Benz 4MATIC® all-wheel drive system is that it’s not limited to certain vehicle styles, so you can get this drivetrain support in any model that suits you best on Portland roads. This enhanced performance feature is available on sedan and coupe models as well as many Mercedes-Benz SUVs. You can even take advantage of this system on the brand’s celebrated AMG® configurations to experience everything your vehicle has to offer. See the different available Mercedes-Benz 4MATIC® AWD models below:
4MATIC® All-Wheel Drive Sedans, Coupes, Cabriolets, and Wagons
- Mercedes-Benz A 220 4MATIC® Sedan
- Mercedes-Benz C 300 4MATIC® Coupe, Sedan, and Cabriolet
- Mercedes-Benz E 350 4MATIC® Sedan
- Mercedes-Benz E 450 4MATIC® Coupe, Sedan, Wagon, and Cabriolet
- Mercedes-Benz CLA 250 4MATIC® Coupe
- Mercedes-Benz CLS 450 4MATIC® Coupe
- Mercedes-Benz S 450 4MATIC® Sedan
- Mercedes-Benz S 560 4MATIC® Coupe and Sedan
4MATIC® All-Wheel Drive SUVs
- Mercedes-Benz GLA 250 4MATIC® SUV
- Mercedes-Benz GLC 300 4MATIC® SUV and Coupe
- Mercedes-Benz GLC 350e 4MATIC® SUV
- Mercedes-Benz GLE 350 4MATIC® SUV
- Mercedes-Benz GLE 450 4MATIC® SUV
- Mercedes-Benz GLS 450 4MATIC® SUV
- Mercedes-Benz GLS 580 4MATIC® SUV
Find Your Mercedes-Benz 4MATIC® All-Wheel Drive Model
Now that you’ve had a chance to learn more about the enhanced capabilities you’ll have thanks to the Mercedes-Benz 4MATIC® All-Wheel Drive system, experience it in person at Mercedes-Benz of Portland. Take a look at our online selection of new vehicle specials and national offers for an exciting luxury sedan, coupe, or SUV packages. Learn more about the cutting-edge Mercedes-Benz features, or explore your leasing or financing options with our dedicated sales team. Contact us today for more information on any of the Mercedes-Benz 4MATIC® All-Wheel Drive models available at our dealership in Portland!
More from Mercedes-Benz of Portland
If you’re considering making the switch to an electric vehicle but don’t want to sacrifice premium-level power and performance, the 2024 EQB will be sure to check all the boxes on your wishlist. In addition to a robust and innovative all-electric drivetrain, you’ll enjoy an extensive cabin with seating for up to seven–impressive for a…
For electric vehicles, we know that the number one concern comes down to driving range. New EV drivers in Wilsonville and Beaverton may be dealing with range anxiety, but we want to reassure you about a few things. If you need more information or have questions about the best way to take care of…
The Mercedes-Benz E-Class has undergone a total redesign for the 2024 model year, resulting in an executive sedan that strikes a perfect balance between tradition and technology. The new E-Class includes a wide variety of features and capabilities not available on previous model-year sedans. Get a sneak peek at what the 2024 E-Class has…